Administrative Assistant Strong Tower Bible Church
The Administrative Assistant will serve as an assistant to the Senior Pastor and accomplish office/ministry administration at Strong Tower Bible Church. The Administrative Assistant serves under the direct supervision of the Executive Pastor and is a servant leader who provides high-level project and administrative support. It is a full time role with regular office hours, and may occasionally require work outside of regular office hours as demands require.
The Administrative Assistant works independently using a high degree of initiative, creativity and wisdom in developing and employing resources to organize, facilitate and implement assigned responsibilities. While repetitive tasks are part of what we do, the tasks assigned can vary from week to week based on the needs of the Senior Pastor, ministry Directors, and volunteers. It is essential the Administrative Assistant is someone who is flexible and willing to handle a variety of projects. The following tasks are a sampling of what is typically required on a regular basis:
- Oversight and help with managing ministry and facility calendars and requests in Church Community Builder and Google Calendar. For Ministry Events this will include management of operations logistics – room scheduling (off-site when needed), coordinating meals, etc.
- Management of regular office processes, projects, and procedures including email/phone management, dealing with vendors, management of office resources/supplies, regular communications/publications, volunteers, etc.
- Varying professional tasks requested by the Senior Pastor and Executive Pastors, including helping manage the Senior Pastor’s calendar, email, scheduling events, and arranging meetings on his behalf.
- Participate in the weekly staff meetings and annual staff retreat
- Comply with office protocol as outlined in the STBC Employee Handbook
- Submit to standard performance reviews
- Adheres to and promotes STBC values:
Mindset and Personality
- Self-starter and self-manager: We are looking for someone who takes initiative, anticipates needs, and gets things done consistently on time.
- Positive attitude: Our ideal candidate has a can-do heart, is fun to be around, does not complain, make excuses, or gossip.
- Professional appearance and demeanor: This position will interact with many people both within and outside of our Church Family. As the “face” of Strong Tower Bible Church, this position must strive to present in such a way as to reflect well on Jesus Christ. Additionally, an ability to interact professionally with high-level leaders of various organizations is necessary.
- Grace and poise under pressure: We strive to function at a high level even when things get busy by working together as a team and communicating effectively with each other and volunteers.
- Servant-hearted leadership: The Administrative Assistant must be able to run point on some projects, and communicate effectively with our staff and volunteers, but also have no problem jumping in and getting his/her hands dirty to reach the goal.
- Spiritual Agreement: They must affirm our Statement of Faith and be in theological agreement with Strong Tower Bible Church.
- Education: Bachelors or Associates degree in a related field is preferred but not required.
- Knowledge and/or Professional Experience Preferred in the Following:
- Supporting executive leadership in an administrative capacity
- Successfully working in a team environment
- Successfully working with sensitive personal and financial information while displaying discretion and confidentiality
- Calendar management
- Customer service
- Additional Experience Helpful:
- Event planning
- Travel booking
- Social media management
- Blog/website management
Skills and Abilities
- Communication: The Administrative Assistant be an excellent communicator, in both written and oral form. This includes proficiency in spelling, grammar, and punctuation. This also requires graceful and kind interpersonal interactions with people on a day-to-day basis via written communication, phone, and face-to-face.
- Organization: Our Administrative Assistant must be highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Discretion: Since our Administrative Assistant will occasionally be working with sensitive personal and financial information, discretion and sensitivity regarding confidential information is essential. This position will require the signing of a non-disclosure agreement related to this information.
- Team Work: Unity, camaraderie, and culture of the team is very important to us. We are looking for someone who is a good fit with our other team members (staff and volunteer), and who is comfortable sharing projects and responsibilities with others.
- Anticipate Needs: To best support the ministry of our Lead Pastor and other ministry leaders as available, our Administrative Assistant must strive to anticipate and serve needs in advance whenever possible. The right Administrative Assistant will have foresight and the ability to anticipate needs before they arise.
- Technologically Proficient: While experience with some or all of the technology platforms that we use is ideal, including Church Community Builder, Propresenter, Adobe InDesign, WordPress, Microsoft Office, Apple iWork, Microsoft Teams, Google Calendars/Email etc., we are willing to train the right candidate. However, the ability to embrace and learn new technology quickly is an absolute must.
Please email with cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org