Who We Are
Since our founding in 1995, Strong Tower Bible Church has had a mission to make disciples of Jesus Christ and a vision to experience, explain, and expand God’s Diverse Kingdom in the city and throughout the world.
What We Teach
- We teach that the Holy Scriptures in both the Old and New Testaments are divinely inspired by God in their totality, thus making them infallible and fully authoritative for preaching, teaching, and Christian living.
- We teach that God is one in His essence yet plural in Person, eternally existing as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We teach that Jesus Christ is the promised Messiah and the eternal Son of God. He was born of a virgin making Him fully human and fully God at the same time. Jesus died on the cross for the sins of the world, was buried, physically raised from the dead, ascended to Heaven, and is a soon coming King.
- We teach that the Holy Spirit indwells every believer at the moment of conversion. When Christians yield to Him He produces in them Christ-likeness, spiritual fruit, the ability to understand spiritual things, and the capacity to be a witness.
- We teach that salvation is by grace alone through faith alone in Jesus Christ alone.
- We teach that God’s grace is the overwhelming sufficiency, security, supply, and motivation of the believer.
- We teach that the church, that is, the body of Christ universal, is God’s primary instrument for bringing about His kingdom agenda in the earth until Jesus Christ returns.
- We teach “the tithe principle” that 10% is a great place to start with and launch from in our giving to God in the local church.
Our Mission, Vision, and Philosophies
Our Mission: To make disciples of Jesus Christ by being a Bible-based, multidimensional fellowship of believers.
Our Vision: To experience, explain, and expand God’s Diverse Kingdom in the city and throughout the world.
Our Ministry Philosophy: To be balanced in Up-Reach, In-Reach, and Out-Reach.
Our Membership Philosophy: We encourage every member to GROW spiritually, SERVE actively, and GIVE obediently.
Our Core Values
Our Key Traits
- We are a Bible-based, elder-led, non-denominational church.
- We preach and teach the Bible in an expository manner, giving attention to context, history, grammar, and literary components.
- We believe church really starts when we leave the church building.
- We believe that every member is a capable minister, serving God and others out of his or her passions and spiritual gifting.
- We believe that racial issues, political differences, and cultural distinctions, though real, are not the primary focus of STBC. It is the Gospel that gives us the proper context to address all things.
- We acknowledge the Jewish heritage of our Christian faith and we do not replace promises made to Israel with the church.
- We send and support missionaries locally, nationally, and internationally.